Welcome to Outsource Manila!

Feel free to browse our articles on setting up your call center interview, going through your paperwork and your government identification cards.

Rants, raves, places to visit and good food to eat. Quotes, dreams and loves of a normal Filipino.

Enjoy and we hope this helps!

Getting that Philippine Passport (Part 1 of 2).

This is not a photo album.
As part of an economic segment that receives an overseas allotment, one of the most pressing needs that we have is having a valid Philippine government issued identification card. We will cover each of the major I.D's in this blog.

Let's start with the Philippine Passport. This is one of the MOST valid I.D's that you can have. We used to have difficulty in obtaining one due to long queues and the red tape that usually involves any government related concern, but thank heavens for automation and the Internet.

I have divided this post into two. Part 1 is the requirements and Part 2 is the actual process. This part is important because based from what I saw when I applied, there are people who went there only to be turned down because they lack proper identification or requirements.

The Requirements:

The DFA Passport Appointment System site (click here) lists several paperwork that we would need to obtain the passport. But I will narrow it down based on my experience. Feel free to click on the links in this article for each government institution.

First, we need a NSO issued Birth Certificate printed on SecPa or Security Paper (Basically the ones they give out). You can obtain one from the National Statistics Office in Quezon City. Be there early and you can get your birth certificate the same day. You can also call the NSO Birth Certificate Phone Number (02) 737-1111 to have it delivered. I recently received a text message that we can also chat online (click here) for delivery.

Next we need VALID I.D's

If you already work, then this won't be much of a problem. The usual I.D's are SSS, LTO Drivers license and Company and or School I.Ds.


Your name is Mang Inasal?
Oh shit.
I did not process my SSS I.D and I lost my E1 form, so I obtained a microfilm copy of the SSS E1 form (we'll get to that in another post since I had a great experience with SSS Quezon Avenue). 

Note: If you want the microfilm copy and your SSS number starts with 33 (Year 2001 or before) it will take up to a month to get it

Next I have with me my NBI Clearance. The one that I have is almost expired (11 months) but they accepted it.

I also brought with me my company I.D.

They do not accept LTO student driver licenses. They only accept the digitized Pro/Non-Pro Drivers license.

Photo from Saksi
Don't even think about it.
If you do not have those I.D's then we will have a problem. Try to obtain at least one and secure the documents listed below as additional proof before applying (per my phone call to DFA Consular Affairs).
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Old Year Book with photos
  • College/School I.D.
  • Transcript of Records
  • Old Employment contracts
  • Income Tax Returns (Old)
Do not count on your Postal I.D too, because there are notes on the front desks that Postal I.D's will not be accepted nor McLovins.

Being the inquisitive little freak that I am, I asked why all the paperwork. The lady who answered me said that they need to verify how your name is spelled. That's about it.

If you have questions regarding your requirements, give them a call. They answer immediately:

For redundancy.
 DFA Passport Appointment: (02) 737-1000.

That number usually is for making an appointment but based from my experience, they also answer simple questions. For questions that need a lifeline or Einstein, call this:

    DFA Office of Consular Affairs: (02) 556-0000

Photocopy all of this before proceeding with the next steps (Part 2). Although there is a small photocopy section outside of DFA Aseana Consular Affairs Building, I would not bet my appointment on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment